Volunteers Needed for Derelict Crab Trap Program
CCA Louisiana will be participating in the Derelict Crab Trap Removal Program over three weekends in February and March and we are looking for volunteers to help out with this worthy cause.
Since 2004, the Derelict Crab Trap Removal Program has removed about 20,000 abandoned crab traps in navigable waters in Louisiana’s bayous and lakes. This year, Louisiana Sea Grant has teamed up with Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries on cleanups of derelict crab traps during area closures over three weekends with a festival/rodeo atmosphere.
The St. Bernard/Plaquemines area will be cleaned up on Feb. 25 and March 3 with the rodeo/collection site in Delacroix at Sweetwater Marina. The Terrebonne area cleanup will be March 17 with the rodeo/collection site at LUMCON marine lab.
Please fill out the form below to volunteer. Thanks!
DCRP Volunteer Form
There is no form with this name or may be the form is unpublished, Please check the form and the url and the form management.
- Obama administration issues OK for Morganza to the Gulf hurricane protection, but project still faces hurdles
- Sen. Rubio charts course for Magnuson reauthorization
- Louisiana's fish-tagging program booms, providing cool scientific data
- The Billfish Foundation’s Rybovich Lifetime Conservation Award Presented to Maumus Claverie, Jr.
- Shell Continues Major Commitment to Gulf Marine Habitat